Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:04:25 -1000
From: "jerome schatten" <romers@shaw.ca>

> Turn off Automatic Update... that should stop the reminders.  If you don't
> have a 'legal' copy of XP-pro or XP-home,

Ok,  have  found and done the shut down of auto updates.  Also,  my
XP home is "legal",  I bought it,  hi.

I have installed a program called Quick Fix Pro. It was updated on 12 Nov.
I believe my computer is just fine without SP2 installed.  At least daily scans,
using "Spybot Search" and Avast anti-virus continue to catch any
problems which might come along.  Avast finds two, three or more V's
a day in various "spam" type in-coming email.

Thanks for all the leads and comments about SP2;  I am just going to forget
it for now --- if this machine will let me forget it,  hi.  I did find and
delete
the SP2.cab file,  all 21 MB of it!

73,  Jim  W6KPI  (I still keep trying to sign KH7M)