[TenTec] Tentec Orion & Oscilloscope question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Orion & Oscilloscope question
From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:40:40 +0100
Hello all,

As I'm not an electronic engineer but just an IT engineer :-)

I'd like to know the better way to take the "modulated signal" to inject it
into an oscilloscope ?

I'm very new to this so be cute with me please.

At the moment I have :

- A Tentec Orion;
- A Tektronix 453A oscilloscope (in very nice shape and working condition,
bought from a Tektronix engineer for nothing !)
  (it's a 50MHz Dual Channel Delayed Sweep Oscilloscope);
- A new set of oscilloscope probes with 1:1 and 1:10 attenuation;
- A bunch of newbie questions ! HI

I'd like to see my modulation signal on the scope while I'm talking. I know
a guy who is using a "T" shapep M/F/F plug at the end of the ANT 1 output...
One way goes to the antenna, the other to the probe ! I'm not sure it's the
better way to catch the signal but I can't tell you exactly why. I'm afraid
of that "open" connection on one side of the output SO-239 socket... think
it's not good for the PA itself.

Is there another output on the Orion to catch the signal ? Via the
transverter output jack (I don't think so, because the main transmitter is
not enabled in that case)... or on the AUX I/O or the LINE OUT RCA jack ?

Many thanks to those who will help with this !

All the best, Eric de ON6CV.