Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ rx dead

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ rx dead
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:31:53 -0600
Hi Jim,
        VI+'s go for anywhere from $1300 - 1500 depending on condition,
filters included, etc.  If it has the TCXO that will make it worth a
little more (or will help it sell faster).  Mine went for $1350, but I
was selling more quickly than I had to, and at a time when there were a
LOT of VI+'s available.  The Jupiter's receiver is nowhere near the class
of the Omni VI+.  Compare the QST reviews.  However, if you're just doing
casual SSB, it might be a tad better for wide range audio.  I love my
Orion - wouldn't replace with anything available today regardless of
price.

        73,  Duane