Re: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI
From: "Paul Gates" <kd3jf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:08:32 -0500
  From: Paul DeWitte K9OT<mailto:k9ot@mhtc.net>
  To: tentec@contesting.com<mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
  Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 1:20 AM
  Subject: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI

  I have never used the memory or scratch pad features in my Omni VI+. Tonight
I decided to try out the scratch pad.
  I stored a frequency in the scratch pad and then moved to a different
frequency. I pushed  m>vfo and brought up the frequency that I stored. Up to
now all is well and good.
  Lets assume that the frequency in the scratch pad is a DX station that I want
to monitor and try to get when the time is right. The frequency that I moved to
is one that I am calling CQ. So when I go to the scratch pad freq I want to
return to my CQ frequency.
  Other than turning the VFO to get back to the CQ frequency,  I have not
figured out how to return.  Is there something that I am missing here?
  If there is not a quick return path, this is totally useless.
  Does anyone use this fearure?  I know that I can do this using VFO A and VFO
B but that should not  have to be the way to do it.

  Thanks 73 Paul K9OT