Re: [TenTec] Corsair II ALC issue

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II ALC issue
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:41:07 -0500
My Corsair I didn't have that problem in full or semi-QSK.

GL, Joel, W1ZR

Steve N4LQ wrote:

Does going to the "slow qsk" mode help? I think you are experiencing the typical audio derived agc syndrome. When coming off mute, the rx gain is at max since the agc hasn't had time to react to the ever-present strong signal you referred to. By the time the agc can react, the burst of signal has made it to the af amp and produces the big thump. Under those conditions you options are to use slow qsk or decrease the RF gain accordingly. This behavior is typical of most older TenTec rigs prior to the Paragon.
Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: <john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com>