[TenTec] OT: Reference Needed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Reference Needed
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:32:57 -0500
Sorry about the off-topic post, but...

I'm searching for an old software reference book.  It's at least 10-12 years
out of print, probably longer.

The title of the book is "Command Performance: dBase III Plus," from Microsoft
Press.

The book got soaked back in September when our garage wall sprung a leak, and
it's proved pretty much unsalvageable.  Didn't discover it right away (I had a
box of stuff that got soaked from the leak); the pages are now dry, but it has
that distinct smell of mold & mildew too it.

It's not a book I use very much anymore, obviously, but it does on rare
occasions come in handy (I have a client who still uses an old Clipper routine
for his mailing list... and no, he doesn't want to update it, though I'm
working on him!).  I've done the rounds on the local used book stores (there's
little demand for old DOS app-related reference books anymore) and such, but no
luck.

So, if anyone on the list has a copy of this book sitting around taking up
space & collecting dust, please contact me off list and let's see what we can
work out.

73, ron wn3vaw