RE: [TenTec] WTB: Ten Tec Filters 217 and 219

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] WTB: Ten Tec Filters 217 and 219
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:43:49 -0800
Hey guys with Inrad filters,

Bill's suggestion was good before Ten-Tec changed the switching points for
the roofing filters.  Now that they switch at the frequency of their
bandwidth, perhaps another configuration is required.

I currently have 600 in the 1000, 1000 in the 1800, and 500 empty.  The 1800
filter is currently in the junkbox.

Now I think I would like to get out the soldering iron and jumper (bypass)
the amp to the 500 and 250 slots.  Then I will place the 600 in the 500
position.  This will make the 250 unusable for weak signal work, but I
almost always only use it on 40m where there is typically enough signal
strength to cope with the additional loss. What we then need is a 4-pole 250
Hz filter and we'll be in business.  Surely someone will come up with an
idea of how to modify our current 250 Hz by removing some crystals.

What do you guys think?

73
Rick