Re: [TenTec] Orion - Work in Progress - Part 1

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion - Work in Progress - Part 1
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:50:17 -0500
John is to be congratulated for taking the time to write such a lengthy and detailed description of what works at John's QTH. As we all should know, what works at one QTH, does not necessiarly work at another QTH. The primary problem of RFI is basically caused to two things, one is having the ends of an antenna (the high voltage point) directly over your radio, and the second is having some multiple of odd quarter-wave length feedline (the high voltage point) coming into your shack.

Before anyone goes to the expense and labor of installing exactly what works fine at John's QTH, I urge you to open your Orion operators manual and read the first column on page 5, titled "A Word About Grounding".

PolyPhaser, a known authority on grounding and protection, do not entirely agree with John's recommendations.

I'm not sure why John is referring to the Orion and Jupiter as an SDR, as they certainly are not.

Tom - W4BQF

"So you have enemies?
Good.
That means you have stood up for something,
sometime in your life."
--Sir Winston Churchill--

----- Original Message ----- From: <N0KHQ@aol.com>