[TenTec] Need help on amp interface issue

Subject: [TenTec] Need help on amp interface issue
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:30:17 -0800
Operating Orion 1.372 although I had this problem with 1.371 as well. I'm using a Centaur which seems to be working perfectly in QSK. Frankly, since I've a low 80m loop in an area where I'm not supposed to have outside antennas at all, I only use it when there's a new country and I need to go to 500w to even have a chance. On several occasions I've noticed that I can tune up the Centaur without problems, all seems to be working fine and then a bit later--either with the Centaur in the line or not, I get no power output from the Orion. The Centaur keys but no output from either one. If I restart the Orion, all is well. Does this seem to be a keying loop problem or RF or grounding affecting the Orion issue? What puzzles me is that I get no immediate problem, only a bit later if at all.

I also noticed that my AF control has issues after the upgrade to 1.372. There seem to be little clicks and burps while adjust the audio. Haven't noticed the same in BW for a while but now in AF. Sound familiar?

tnx, Gary