Re: [TenTec] Older TT rigs & SCAF-1 (was "Looking for Omni-546C")

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Older TT rigs & SCAF-1 (was "Looking for Omni-546C")
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:26:14 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:59 AM

For a great all-purpose audio filter, the MFJ-784B tunable DSP filter is hard to beat. This one can be tuned for very narrow (down to 30 Hz) bandwidths, which can be centered around your favorite CW offset (pitch) frequency. It has ten memories. I have five each CW filter bandwidths saved for 550 and 600 Hz offsets, respectively. I use it with my Omni VI/Opt. 1. It can also be used for SSB and data signals, and it has a variable noise reduction feature as well. Since the filters are FIR (finite impulse response) there is no phase distortion.

The drawback is that it costs more than the SCAF filter. It's worth considering.

73 de Chuck NI0C