Re: [TenTec] Orion Mic Woes - Sounds like RFI but Wasn't

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Mic Woes - Sounds like RFI but Wasn't
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:08:39 -0600
Tom,
        I posted earlier, several times, that connecting pin 2 to chassis
ground on the Orion is NOT recommended by either Ten-Tec or by any of us
who have tried it.  I also have the ProSet, but have not made any mods
yet to see how to fix this issue.  It is a real problem for me, and some
others, but not for everyone.  I definitely have RF in the shack due to
close proximity of antennas, but do not have any problem with a TT 705
microphone.  I plan to split out the PTT ground from the audio return
circuit first, but just haven't had time to try it.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas