[TenTec] Decision Made

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Decision Made
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:36:38 EST
Hello All, I know there's a lot of nit picking, ego bashing etc. on here
about Orion, and I believe it is an excellent PROTOTYPE rig for future
SDR/digital/performance applications.

However after NOT seeing a CONSISTENT "it's all OK now" and seeing nothing
but consistent controversy about Orion, I believe I will go with a new PRO III
for my next rig if it's receiver specs are comparable to an Omni 5 or 6. I
still think Ten Tec is an excellent manufacturer with a great history of rigs,
(and I'm keeping my TT accessories) but I'm getting the feeling that Orion has
become the Paragon of the 21st century, and not suited for my casual style of
operating. Too many "loose ends" with it for me.

Hopefully, when TT comes out with a STABLE Orion plus, or Orion II, I will be
able to afford one then. And thanks to all the Orion owners who are assisting
Ten Tec with their Beta, Gamma, Epsilon or whatever field testing stage Orion
is in now. I'm sure the next generation will have no competition, thanks to
your efforts.

Merry Christmas & Happy new year to all !

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"