RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts
From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:56:47 +0100
Dear Barry, I'm (of course) not talking about "some people", I'm just
talking about a piece of radio equipment... So, there's no link between
people AND a black box !

There's a bunch of fellows hams here and I'd like to thank them for their
job with me... I learned more in 3 months here than during 7 years into my
club station !

So, IMO, no one should feel any personal "attack" as I'm just saying that
the Orion was not the product I dreamt of !

And again, who can explain that my Heil Goldline Pro mic is working
perfectly on my Mark V ? I spent more than one week trying to figure out
where was the "secret" to simply hook up the GM-4 to the Orion. There's only
4 pins on the mic and 4 in the Orion, and no one can exactly tell what was
the right connexion ! The schematics into the manual IS wrong too, and
facing all the information I received from the folks here (pin 2 here, pin 2
there, measure the resistance between pin 2 and GND lug, shield that or this
cable, ...), finally I was totally lost in space in the Orion constellation,
just for a single mike !

This sunday afternoon, I took the Heil GM mic (I even thought it was
defective at first!) and I rewired it for the Mark V just as mentioned into
the manual, just 4 solder to do, 7 minutes later in was on the air CQing.

Best regards to all,

Eric.