Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts
From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:52:53 -0500
>Is this some of the 'true spirit of ham radio' to which you were
>referring?

I don't see it as that black and white.  People get frustrated when they can't
figure out someone's intentions - I'll leave it as simply stated as that.

>It may be true that 96% of ham's accept the Orion operation the way
>it is, and the other 4% of us are quite disappointed.

Again, I don't see it as "accepting the Orion operation the way it is".  I'm
convinced Eric and you are experiencing a different radio than I am, so I'm not
willing to say that we're just passing different judgements on the same radio.
If I had the rfi problems that Eric had or the amp keying problems that you had
and couldn't solve the issues, I would have long moved on to a different radio.
 But for me, the Orion is simply a tool and right now it's the best tool for
the jobs I give it.  Why would I continue to use it if it wasn't the best tool?
 If I DID find a better tool for my particular use, I'd replace the Orion in a
heartbeat.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.