RE: [TenTec] keying loops

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] keying loops
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:32:32 -0600

> ....Some
> other's have told me that with non-Ten Tec amps, the problem
> does not exist. The whole thing is just strange.

I agree, especially given the proposed solution.

I haven't experienced a problem losing transmit with my AL-1200 (internal
QSK board).  And I run with only loop #1 turned on.

Of course, I still occasionally forget to turn on the loop when turning on
the amp and BEFORE hitting the key or footswitch, and proceed to burn out
the receive-side PIN diode protective fuses in the amp occasionally .. But
that's a "aw sh*t" issue rather than a real one.  If there just weren't so
many screws to get the AL-1200 case off :-)

Grant/NQ5T