[TenTec] TRI-flow comment from a user...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TRI-flow comment from a user...
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 0:23:58 +0000
Hi-
    Need to re-lube your ten tec PTO? Try the Tri-Flow spray bicycle lube. It
is available at lots of hardware stores and even the local
grocery/pharmacy/wine/car products store in the village here in NH.
    I have used it to lube PTO's quite a few times with great success... and no
failures.
    After getting to the PTO I set the rig up so that I can spray the mechanism
liberally with Tri-Flo and let it then drain to wash away the old dried up
grease. Not just a short squirt, I really wash the old grease away as I run the
tuning knob from one end of its rotation to the other many times. It has freed
up PTO's that I couldn't begin to turn.
    The last one I did was just a year ago, and it is still as smooth as you
could want, but not so free as to not have the friction to drive the PTO.
    I  expect that since the Tri-Flo oil can survive on a bicycle chain and its
hard usage than, most likely it will survive in a PTO for a long time.
    Gosh, if you have tried it and found that it doesn't work, let me know!!
    Oh, it is not for the purist, I suppose.

Happy New Year!!
Dave in NH