[TenTec] White Paper On Power and Grounding

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] White Paper On Power and Grounding
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:13:55 EST
Hi Jim.

Read your White Paper on the subject topics.

I think that one thing that was over looked in your presentation was the
fact that;

On AC unbalanced wiring systems reactive currents (milliamp) are  dumped onto
the service neutrals and grounds. This reactive current is a result  of the
impedance's of the connected system loads. This issue causes havoc with
computers, ham radio receivers and sound reinforcement equipment.

Balanced AC Power systems do not suffer from this issue and is very  well
documented.

Many home owners are not aware of the above reactive currents issues.  Clean,
steady AC power systems are hard to come by. These systems are available,
but as you mentioned, they are very expensive. Furman Balanced AC Power
Systems,
 depending on the amperage, are very expensive $1500+.

This is why I recommend to hams that a (one) dedicated 115vac  circuit and a
(one) dedicated 220vac (for Amp) be used to power their  ham radio equipment
and accessories. Properly fused and grounded of  coarse.

Nice paper. I have saved it for future reference.

Happy New Year.

John / N0KHQ