Re: [TenTec] Acom/Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Acom/Orion
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:13:39 -0800
It might be the extra group delay from the filter, Barry. You might try
substituting a long piece of coax for the Dunestar filter. A generic
5 pole high-pass with a 1.7 MHz cutoff will have about 100
nanoseconds of delay at 3.5 MHz. That's equivalent to about 70
feet of RG-8.

Have you checked to see if the problem is consistent across
all bands from 160 thru 10 (the delay of the Dunestar filter should
go down as you go up in frequency away from the cutoff)

Also, have you tried reducing drive from the exciter to compensate
for the insertion loss of the Dunestar filter.

Sounds like an interesting problem.