[TenTec] Re: Orion SteppIR Writelog....Solved!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion SteppIR Writelog....Solved!
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:57:04 GMT
I've spent a bunch of time trying to get the above combo to work. Tried several different computers. A couple of different cables with different pinouts. The great guys at SteppIR sent me a loaner box with no change. WriteLog would read the Orion freq., but in spite of data getting to the SteppIR box (led traces and scope indication), nothing happened on the box.

Finally, after a bunch of guys mentioning that I really needed to take advantage of all the changes that I've been following here, I decided to "fix" a great rig and upgrade from 1.362 to the 1.372.

Not sure what happened, but now the combo works! Haven't given the new OS a real workout, but won't look the gift horse in the mouth.

N0UU