Re: [TenTec] TenTec virus?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec virus?
From: Jim <jlboockh@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:16:22 -0600
I use Mozilla for email and as a web browser. I have never been infected by an email virus.

Jim N4AL

Martin AA6E wrote:
No, but this is very common for any and all email
lists.  Bad software (virus) gets into somebody's
computer somewhere on the Internet and it emails more
copies of itself using "from" and "to" addresses from
the user's address book.  So, if it happens to be
someone who has tentec.com in their address book, ...
(Insert negative comment about Outlook and Outlook
Express.)

There's nothing you can do to stop this kind of thing,

....snip

I keep getting email from what appears to be TenTec
but of course it is not and there is an attachment which of course I
will not open. Has anyone else been seeing these?

Steve N4LQ