Re: [TenTec] Binaural (Stereo) CW Redux!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Binaural (Stereo) CW Redux!
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:40:10 -0800
John L Merrill wrote:

you were polite. don't you mean a sales gimmick? HI

John N1JM

Binaural or stereo CW is a different way of doing things. Not a gimmick. We have by necessity become conditioned to let the receiver try and eliminate everything but one signal we want to hear... trouble is this technique produces audible distortions such as ringing and a somewhat bitting tone..... Yes, with binaural you open the filters up a bit allowing more audio and less distortion through.... and then in time your BRAIN does the separating in a much more comfortable and natural way. AND you will not miss that station calling you just off your critically adjusted bandpass... they are instead off to one side.... softer... but understandable.

Try to have an open mind. Naturally if you don't like something, for whatever reason... that is cool.... but remember words have power and therefore might be selected a bit more carefully.

Binaural is not a gimmick but another way to solve a problem.... the problem of sorting through several CW signals at the same time. I think it was very forward thinking for the Ten-Tec engineer's to include this reception option in the Orion and I imagine they felt so too.

73,

Jerry, KG6TT