[TenTec] Re: Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter
From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:16:53 -0800 (PST)
> That is correct. The N4PY software is the 'work-around'
> for poorly executed firmware.
>
> Tom - W4BQF

Don't forget that there will be limits to the amount of
programming "miracles" that can be accomplished by the built-in
DSP processors.  The choice of DSP processor was made several
years ago.  Unless Ten-Tec finds a way to drop new, updated DSP
processors into an existing Jupiter (or any other SDR for that
matter), ultimately we will be constrained by the limits of the
processor, its embedded memory, and the skills of the
programmers.  After those are exhausted, we have to rely on
outboard enhancements such as the type provided by Carl's
excellent software.

At this point I trust that Ten-Tec has good programmers
available to them for the price that they, and us, are willing
to pay.

Kevin, K9IUA

=====