Re: [TenTec] TCXO for OmniVI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TCXO for OmniVI+
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:07:50 -0800

On Jan 20, 2005, at 2:52 PM, Duane Budd wrote:

"There is no advantage over it vs. the master heater oven previously
used..." so says Scott Robbins, and he should know what he is talking about.

However, I own one of the first Omni VI's out the door (which came with a
"temporary manual" because they had not yet printed the final version). I
was never happy with the frequency stability. Every time I took it back to
TT to have it "tweaked" or up-graded, I asked to have the frequency readout
calibrated. It was always "within spec's", but it was never "right", at
least not after a few weeks had passed since re-calibration.

The first run of OMNI VI's had a lot of oven problems (I know of several other guys who had them and these oven's tended to exhibit "hunting" behavior among other things.) I had my oven replaced and it has been solid ever since. I am sure the TCXO is great too.

Clark
WA3JPG