Re: [TenTec] My Orion - qsk

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Orion - qsk
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:12:39 -0800 (PST)
Interesting remarks about the the transition from copying
letters to words in your head. I first noticed the "word
copying" affect, or at least partial words, at around 18-20
WPM. The common letter sequences like 'the', 'ing', 'tion',
'ed', and some other common "bridge" words just started to
just "stand out" from the flow of letters. I have also found
that I can copy with roughly the same accuracy (or lack
thereof) for speeds from 20-35 WPM, I consistently trip up on
the same letters and/or uncommon words across that entire
speed range. I simply don't do CW often enough to be truly
good at it.

Knowing what I know now I wish I would have started to learn
CW at a minimum 25-30 WPM speed from the get go so I could
have avoided that whole letter by letter copying mess.

Duane
N9DG