Re: [TenTec] Cheap Ferrites (was Orion reset)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cheap Ferrites (was Orion reset)
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:41:09 -1000
Is not the resistance dependant on the wire material (copper or other), cross section (gauge) and length, and not dependant on the core material? How can the core have an effect on resistance, other than because of it's dimensions, by changing the length of wire needed for a given number of turns? Core material having an effect on impedance, reactance or inductance I can understand. But resistance?

DE N6KB

With five turns thru the bead I get a resistance of ~140 and an inductance of 11 uH. If they were 43 they should have a resistance of ~500 and an inductance of ~40 uH.