[TenTec] Orion WAV samples

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion WAV samples
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:46:58 -0500
WB8YQJ:
>Does anyone know if there are any other .WAV samples of
Orion's received audio (especially CW) on the net?

N1EU has several examples of Diversity RX here:
http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/orion/diversity.htm

If you poke around Barry's website, he also has
examples comparing weak signals on Orion with a
FT-1000D somewhere on his site.

I have a few Topband recordings here, plus the N2XE
80m beacon running 80 microWatts:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/topband_sounds.htm

Note: I use a very low pitch (270 Hz) and my recordings
are best heard with headphones using WinAMP.  If you
only have computer speakers, you'll likely hear nothing.

73, Bill W4ZV