[TenTec] yv5mbx - Orion transmitted audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] yv5mbx - Orion transmitted audio
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:21:30 -0500
YV5MBX wrote:
>Is there a way to make independent the volume of the sound Tx than the audio level of the signal Rx?

        Yes, use AFGAIN to set received audio levels to
suit your ears and then adjust S-TONE at the top
center of the display to control the sidetone level
on transmit.  This is for CW mode only (MON controls
TX audio level on SSB).  Thanks for the QSO in the
CQ 160 contest!  Unfortunately I had to quit early
because of ice de-tuning my antennas...probably not
a worry in YV-land! :-)

73, Bill W4ZV