Re: [TenTec] Question for W4PA - Scott

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question for W4PA - Scott
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:05:28 -0500
At 09:56 AM 1/29/05, you wrote:

Hi Scott, Just curious why TT does not use cross needle meters in your
amplifiers and antenna tuners like Ameritron & MFJ. Is the cost really that much
more, or is it an accuracy factor? Thanks, KT0DD

No reason other than we (like other manufacturers) use the same parts for
multiple applications if possible. The 238B meter is the same one we used as the
Omni/Paragon s-meter. The RX-340 and Orion use the same meter movement.

On the big Titan II/III amp, we had some much available front panel real estate
that putting large single movement meters on there was a natural.

So - nothing against them, just no application at present that we can't handle with
other meter movements we're using.

Scott Robbins
W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.2 - Release Date: 1/28/05