Re: [TenTec] Orion roofing filters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion roofing filters
From: Martin AA6E <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:19:57 -0800 (PST)
I have to agree that Orion's stock roofing filters are 100% adequate
for me, and I bet for most other ops.  The only time when a 600 Hz
filter would help you over a 1000 Hz stock filter is when there is
extremely strong QRM in the extra 400 Hz of bandpass near a weak signal
you are trying to copy.  The DSP selectivity, down to 100 Hz, is fine
for my operations. YMMV

My advice (worth what you pay for it) is not to spend money on filters
until you check to see if the stock filters don't do the job for you.

73, Martin AA6E