Re: [TenTec] Gregoire Headsets

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Gregoire Headsets
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:26:49 -0800
Ed Purvis wrote:

                 Anyone using the Gregoire headsets with TT(Jupiter, Corsair)?
I just need close
           talk VOX for occasional round-table. So, don't want to pay for Heil
Pro-Set unless
           I have to.
                                                      tnx, Ed Purvis
                                                              Bradenton, Fl

I wish I could say something really great here. Ah the price is right and they perform fairly well overall.

I have the Gregoire headset. I made mine from the kit version. Initially I used them with my Omni-C and Jupiter which have been replaced by my Omni-VI+ and Paragon. Generally speaking I found in each case that the mic element was too flat in frequency response (not as bad on the Omni-C). My voice was reported mushy/bassy which it really isn't. In order to get any high frequency response (and that isn't really enoug) I have to really close talk this mic... right up to the corner of my mouth and as close as possible without touching. Getting the mic positioned this carefully is a problem with the 'spring' style mic boom. Lastly, I find that the headphones themselves are somewhat uncomfortable/hot during long listening periods so unless I have to use the mic I use my JPS headset which I can wear all day long.

Jerry, KG6TT