[TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Kenwood TS-2000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Kenwood TS-2000
From: w9qp@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 04:41:25 +0000
I am having another debate with myself trying to decide between a used Omni VI+
or spend a few more bucks and get a Kenwood TS-2000. I do know the Ten Tec has
a hotter receiver and is great on cw. The Kenwood has a lot of features all in
one nice package. I am more of a casual operator who likes to rag chew and not
much into contesting or chasing DX. Looking for the right HF rig that will last
me a few years and not turn obsolete over night. Kenwood radios seem to have
nice audio for SSB. I like Ten Tec for their factory service and American made
products. When you are going to spend nearly $1500 of your hard earned money
you want to make sure you choose wisely.

Again thank you ahead of time for your comments. Please e-mail mail directly
and not the server.

Decisions decisions?

John  W9QP