[TenTec] telephone calling 911

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, "CCA E-MAIL" <collins@listserve.com>
Subject: [TenTec] telephone calling 911
From: "Bob & Patricia" <bobsw4@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:32:37 -0600
    I have had a strange thing happen on 3 different occasions spaced several
weeks apart, always when on 80 meters and always at night (I don't know if it
could happen on other bands  or times, but it hasn't so far). It doesn't happen
all the time just those 3 times, and I'm on about every evening.

     I am running either a ten tec corsair 2 or a Collins kwm2a ( it has
happened with both rigs) and a Henry 1kd5 @ 700 watts to an inverted vee which
is located about 20 feet from and running roughly parallel to, but above the
incoming phone line.

    What happens is I get a call (or visit) from the police saying that a 911
hang up call was received from my phone # and that when they try to call back
they get a loud and garbled sound. My telephones are all cordless and I have
one slave set in the shack which sometimes beeps when I'm tuning up the Henry.
I have no active phone lines running to the shack...I do have some rfi on the
phones when I'm xmting..none on the cell phones...anyone have any ideas about
how to fix the problem??? Not a very good situation as sooner or later the 911
service is going to request that I discontinue!

Pse help. 73, de Bob, K9ING