[TenTec] Help--New Omni D Ser B owner needs help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Help--New Omni D Ser B owner needs help
From: Scott Sheppard <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:28:39 -0500
Hi folks,

I just picked up a TEn-Tec after wanting one for many years. The rig rec's fine
and does key but there is no RF out. Thee is a very weak signal present from
the low level board but very weak--hardly measurable.

I have replaced all the diodes on the SWR board, checked levels etc etc but
cant get the rig to worl UNLESS--get ready for this: By accident I touched q3
(the rf transsistor on the LLDriver) and had the PA kick in to 100 watts
(estimate.)

It will only do htis odd behavior with an antenna not a dummy load. With the
dummy load all I can get is th eside tone and a weak signal I am able to detect
with a separate radio. I have also replaced the switching transistors with
3904's on the low level board.

Does anyone have any ideas? What is the RF output from the low level driver
supposed to be into the PA?

Appreciate any thoughts or similar problems.

Kind regards,

scott  VA3ZW