Re: [TenTec] KR-5 keyer

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] KR-5 keyer
From: "Tom Sessions" <RADIO_K4RV@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:02:27 -0000
Stuart,

I am only guessing that the flip flop helps to control the speed of the
keying.  A flip flop may not work in the circuit of the KR-5.  Also, even if
it is a flop flop, a different flip flop may not have the same pin out.

I have found the LU322 IC listed from some exporters who want a minimum
order of $100.  That, of course, is not worth it for me. I also have to
consider if it is really the same chip.

Ten Tec Service did reply again to me this morning saying that if there was
a substitute chip they would have it in stock.

Thanks again / 73
Tom K4RV