Re: [TenTec] ORION CW question

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION CW question
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:16:16 -0600
Asked,

"Hi dear friend,

I just received my new TT Orion RTX with the antenna tuner option.
Now I'm spending the spare time to study the operating manual and
learning all the Orin features.
I'm mainly a CW user and during my first QSO I noted an annoying sound
during the TX.
The sidetone is set to 5, speaker is off, nevertheless I listen "like a
small relay" click sound located close to the
rear and on the right side of the apparatus, near the ant outputs.
After sending each dot or line there is this "bit" sound that is very
bad.
So, any other ham has experienced with this problem?

Please let me know your comments and suggestion. Thanks."

Ciao de Beppe IZ2ABU

Beppe, hello,

That is normal. It's a small antenna change-over relay sound. When you
get older you won't notice it. In the mean time, I wear headphones.

73,   Roy   K6XK