Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Meter Pegging

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Meter Pegging
From: Martin AA6E <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:32:29 -0800 (PST)
Mark,

The meter is driven by a D-to-A converter from the Orion CPU, so it's
displaying whatever value the computer wants.  Hopefully it has
something to do with actual power, but you don't know!

Also, the meter is terribly underdamped mechanically, so it overshoots
by at least 10% when you key the transmitter.  I don't see mine quite
pegging itself, but it comes close. TT could compensate for this in
firmware if they wanted.  Think of it, a menu setting for meter time
constant... Maybe a different one for each operating mode...Ouch.

73, Martin AA6E