[TenTec] Inrad filter in Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad filter in Omni VI
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:07:17 -0600
I have the Inrad CW roofing filter in my VI+. Since I have 2 nar positions I
have   more options than those with just the 1 nar button.
When I first installed the roofing filter I had 500hz filters in both nar
slots. That was to compare the roofing filter both in line and out of line
with the same 500hz filter.
Since then I have tried both the 219 and 221 filter in the nar2 slot (which
is the one that activates the roofing filter). I find the loss of the 250hz
filters is greater than I like. Either one will attenuate a weak signal on
80 or 160m enough that you loose it all together. Do others find this to be
the case also?

Even though I have (thanks to Dave Bowker) a mod to put the roofing filter
in and out of line independently of the nar button, I think that I will go
back to the 500hz filters in both nar positions, and activate the roofing
filter with the nar2 button. And yes I think that the roofing filter is a
good thing. Just like another tool in your tool box, not always needed but
there when you do need it.

73 Paul K9OT