Re: [TenTec] What 2 in Omni for CW?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What 2 in Omni for CW?
From: Jan <ditzian@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:14:36 -0500

>Omni users, if you could have only two optional filters for CW, what would
>they be and in which IF(s)?  My guess would be a 500Hz in each IF. But that
>is
>the only combination I've tried...
>
>Bill  K3UJ

I would put a 250 Hz. in one of those slots.  When I use 500 Hz. I
seldom find a need for the second filter (the one in the first IF, which
is also 500 Hz.).  However, there are times when I am glad to have a
very narrow 250 Hz. filter around.  At those times, I usually throw in
all the filters I have.  I also find that I cannot tune around with the
250, I have to use the 500 for that; the narrow one is too touchy.
However, I remember a few times, chasing DX, when I had clear copy on
the 250 plus 500, while the two 500s left the DX in the middle of a pile
of callers.

Jan, KX2A