[TenTec] ORION V OMNI VI+ CW loudness comparison

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION V OMNI VI+ CW loudness comparison
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:07:05 +0000
Hi-
 I have an OMNI VI+ and an ORION. When running CW on the VI+ I can't hear the
keying relay when sending. On the ORION, when sending CW the keying relay is
-loud-. As an example, if I put my ear close to the OMNI I hear it as a very
faint click. Same ear as close to the ORION it sounds like someone tapping on
the desk with a pencil. Or, when using headphones the OMNI is silent CW, the
ORION is not.
 Is that a similar experience to yours? Is it just a matter of one loud relay
or is it typical?
 On a 1 to 10 scale, this is not a major thing, but keeps me searching for the
10 from my 9.8 feeling right now.

73 de Dave in NH