Re: [TenTec] NO XMIT WITH PTT

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NO XMIT WITH PTT
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:36:31 -0500
The fact that the key jack is falling apart should be a good place to start.
I would take mine apart but it's too late tonight. Looks like you could
unplug the PTT/CW jacks from the board and check for the short. Each jack
has a diode in series with it and on the other side of each diode is a 10k
resistor going to +5 then they all go to pins of U4.
There are 4 ptt/cw key lines. MIC/PTT, CW key/T, CW key/R and AUX/Key.
I suggest unplugging the CW key jack first and seeing if the problem goes
away. Also if you suspect it's that cw key jack, go into the software and
turn on the internal keyer then key the rig with your tx/loop button and see
if it starts sending dits or dahs.
Steve Ellington
N4LQ@iglou.com