Re: [TenTec] Corsair Sidetone

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair Sidetone
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <lyle3dd@grics.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:52:32 -0600
Malcolm, since all this back and forth about the Corsair sidetone, I thought
I might as well stick in my 2 cents worth.  The first thing I did after
obtaining my first Corsair years ago was take my 500 watt soldering iron
(tsk tsk) and disconnected the whole thing.  Mainly because even turning
down the pitch and volume I could still hear it.

Spent many years on old Navy point to point circuits and got used to having
a separate receiver just for sidetone.  A bit extravagant of course but very
effective.  Nowdays I simply adjust my MFJ 495 keyer to whatever tone and
volume I want.  Using keyboard today (no computer) my 81 yr old mind does
not need cluttering by listening to sound but concentrating on what am
wanting to say and finding the keys.  A slight tick is enough for me.

Stabilizer works great, small little board U can tuck anywhere and takes
about 15 to 20 minutes to install.  Love mine.

Lyle
W9FCX