[TenTec] Using amplifier on rain gutter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using amplifier on rain gutter
From: "David Stansell" <daves1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:40:58 -0600
O.K., I have received good advice on the rain gutter and using an amplifier.  I
think you guys are right, it's risky and could start a fire as well as
tremendous RFI problems.  I am finishing up an 80 meter Frame antenna here in
the shack.  It should be on the air tomorrow if I can find a hiding place for
it.  So far no complaints from neighbors when I load up the gutters on 80m
using 90 watts.  Hoping the frame will work good enough for local gang.  Thanks
to all for thier comments and advice.  Seems most everyone shyed away from
using power.

  Got my PTO re-build kit from ten-tec for my 540 today.  I'm gonna attempt it
myself and save $75.00.  Stand by.  Tnx, David  W4KA