Re: [TenTec] Triton 540 low audio on SSB?? CW O.K.

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton 540 low audio on SSB?? CW O.K.
From: Gary Miller <gary@wordsandpixels.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:37:58 -0500
David,

I just bought a 540 also and there is a mike connection in the back, a
1/4-inch stereo jack.  The manual mentions it (pages 1-1 and 2-2), wire
shield to barrel, mic to band, switch to tip. It also says to prevent
feedback make sure the mic switch shorts out the mic on receive.  I
think the Ten Tec mics are wired that way.  I'm just wiring mine up
today so I'll let you know if there are problems.

Gary N2CVZ

P.S. Sign of the times, Radio Shack no longer sells a 1/4-inch stereo
plug.  You have to buy an extension cord and cut it (or at least my
local one didn't stock it).