Re: [TenTec] Inrush Current Protection?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Inrush Current Protection?
From: Dave <ve1vq@auracom.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:32:17 -0400
Years ago, I built a power supply with the 723 regulator IC to run the
transceiver I had at the time.  I couldn't figure out why simply turning on the
supply with only the transformer and filter capacitor connected (before adding
the regulation circuit) would blow the AC fuse about half the time.  It was
then
I learned about inrush current!

I added a simple inrush circuit consisting of a relay and a resistor, with a
fraction of a second delay, and have never had a problem since.

Dave
VE1VQ
---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus]