Re: [TenTec] ARRL "regulation by bandwidth"

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL "regulation by bandwidth"
From: "DaveHeller" <k3tx@fast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:56:47 -0400
Look back at the record about 30 years ago.  ARRL was not the instigator
of incentive licensing.  It was FCC;  ARRL did what could be done to
make what FCC  was going to do anyway as acceptable as possible to the
masses.  My own opinion at the time was it was a good idea and I still
think it was good.  For practical purpuses  it gave Extras a few bottom
end private segments, a little bit to Advanced, leaving plenty for
Generals.   What was so wrong with giving the serious hams an incentive
to go for Extra?  Anyone who wanted it could put in a couple hours study
and get it.   K3TX, extra certificate #192.