[TenTec] Argosy S-Meter problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy S-Meter problem
From: Pete Meier <pmeier@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:01:04 -0400
I've a new (to me) Argosy which is exhibiting an S-meter problem. It
works fine in receive and when I put it in FWD and transmit it shows
correct forward power/swr. However, when I remove the transmit power or
place the switch in REV position, the needle slams to the left and pins
there. I have to physically tap the meter to release the needle.

I have looked at the Low Pass Filter Bd. where the S-meter circuitry is
contained but need some advice as to what is causing the needle to pin
when the RF power to it is removed.

Any ideas or suggestion before I trouble the folks at TenTec?

Pete WK8S