Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:46:09 -0400
The Paragon, Paragon II, , Omni V, Omni VI, Jupiter, and Orion all have a
circuit that reduces drive if the current in the finals goes above a
threshold.  This circuit not in the original Omni A, Omni D series.  It may
be that the setting for this threshold is too high on Denton's radio.

I am also sheptical of the power supply output voltage being 14.2 volts.  I
think the maximum should be 13.8 volts.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC