Re: [TenTec] New Orion owner

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion owner
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:41:02 -0500

> 1. It would be nice to have an option to simply key the
> transmitter (at the current power setting) by using the CW
> key while in SSB mode.

The TUNE button accomplishes this.  I know, I know, it isn't the key.  But
it does what you want :-)

> any shortcuts, although I wonder if the "feel" of the rig
> would be improved by changing the HIGH CUT and LOW CUT so
> they they only change the effective equalization without
> affecting the bandwidth.

The whole point is to move the position of the edges of the receive DSP
filters, not just do audio EQ. (Maybe I misunderstand your point).

> Can I join the tentec discussion list without receiving each
> update via email?

I'm pretty sure you can opt for a digest.  Check the FAQ for the list at
contesting.com.

Grant/NQ5T