Re: [TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters
From: DK2GZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:27:32 EDT
Hello

I am using the following roofing setup:

1Khz in the 1.8Khz slot
600 HZ Inrad in the 1 Khz slot
500 HZ TT in the 500 HZ slot
250 HZ TT in the 250 HZ slot

I am working 99% in CW.

DSP-Filter around 320 to 360 HZ

In this configuration the 500HZ TT is kicked in 99% of the operation  time.

I am very pleased with the 500HZ TT filter, sure I know the IMD  performance
should be better with the 600 HZ Inrad(Sherwood test), but I like the  bigger
att of the 500 HZ TT filter and the RX is less noisey than with the  600
Inrad.

Maybe I will buy the 400 HZ Inrad at Dayton to replace the 500 HZ TT.

I am using the 250 HZ TT only a few times during the year, so save the  money
for
this one and buy instead a good paddle, like the German "Schurr" or built
your own
good keyer like the idiom press logic key, hi

Hope to meet some TT fans in Dayton this year.

73 from Germany
Harry, DK2GZ