Re: [TenTec] Orion reviews

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion reviews
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:41:01 -0500

> That is correct...there has been no news of engineering
> changes. However when you send your rig in for work, quite a
> few 'updates' are installed in the rig.

There have certainly been updates, although it does not appear that any of
them have materially affected the performance of the radio aside from
correcting relatively minor issues (regardless of the scream level that
occurred about headphone whine and the like).

It would be instructive if Ten-tec would publish a list of ECs.  Especially
since mine (and others for sure) is a "first day of shipment" radio.  I
suppose if I'd ever had a problem that required sending it back to the
factory I wouldn't be concerned about it :-)

As far as a review of the rig based on the last shipment versus a less
recent shipment ---  I don't believe that would be particularly enlightening
or instructive.

Grant/NQ5T